Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Ashes and Roses Log Cabin Quilt



Not to be confused with this quilt, which is different. Here I grouped the pinks and grays separately.


My  mother quilted and bound this, taking it to the next level (actually she went two levels up) by inserting welting between the quilt and binding--on both sides! On the back (above) you see the gold and red silk plaid.


On the front, she added a strip of turquoise. The woman knows her way around the scrap bin.

I'll be posting this for sale later.

10 comments:

Jodes said...

What a glorious work of art!

Lisa said...

Is that Clara's skirt in there? It's a beautiful quilt.

Lisateresa

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Christina

Julie said...

I love it!

Sarah said...

Your quilts are all so gorgeous! But I am particularly fond of this color combination. You continue to inspire me to sew a quilt. : )

Anonymous said...

Totally off-track regarding your post, but I bumped into this:
https://www.instagram.com/verityhopeswardrobe/
It seems there's some connection?? between Verity Hope and the Simplicity pattern you shared (camping dress, I think?)

Shanda said...

Oh wow, it's amazing. I would actually buy it, LOL, (I am RARELY tempted to go through the effort of buying handmade items as I am a frequent thrifter) but I'm sure it will be gone by the time I browse your shop tomorrow! The colors are my language....so perfect!

Lisa said...

It looks like Susannah (Verity Hope) has made the Dottie Angel frock, too. I made one, but my mistake was following it exactly instead of going with my instincts. As a result, it isn't right on me, but I want to make another - it's such a cute and comfortable-looking design.

Lisateresa

Carol said...

Oh My Gosh! I want a quilt soooo bad for my bedroom. I like this one, but I don't want the one for my bed to have pink on it. I want to make a quilt but no idea as to where to even begin.

Sherry said...

the colors in this quilt are warm and lovely.. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails