Monday, June 23, 2014

A Library in the Bathroom


I hate to tell on Felix, but when he left for the summer, he left his room in a real state. It's true that he had just fifteen hours between arriving home from the beach and leaving for the airport, and he's between apartments, but does that explain the stacks and stacks of books all over everything in his room?

In the meantime, I needed space for all those books, and decided to put them on a big shelf in the downstairs bathroom. No one bathes there this summer (there's no shower), so I figured they would be safe.

They make the room look so cozy! Now I *want* to take my bath in there, enjoying Sibley's guide to the birds of Peru, or the complete works of Isaac Asimov . . . or not.

12 comments:

Rose said...

Perfect for me if I was using your downstairs bathroom -- I always snoop at book titles. :)

Erin said...

My decorating philosophy: books in every room (and photographs, and fiber)! I love the shelf over the bathtub!

Farrah said...

Where is he headed? That's a great idea.

Lisa said...

Books make lovely decorations! :) I love the paint-by-numbers you have. Are they thrifted? I always keep my eyes peeled for them when thrifting, but I've never found one (yet!).

Lisa said...

It looks quite nice in there.

Lisateresa109+

Margo said...

absolutely charming! Wish my bathroom wasn't so humid, I'd put books there in a heartbeat.

Anna said...

Farrah, he's in England for the summer studying classic literature (of all things!), at a study center where he works half the day (garden, woodpile, housework, cooking) and studies the other half. Focusing on epic poetry--Paradise Lost, Dante, etc.

Lucille said...

How exciting to hear that Felix is studying in England. The course sounds intriguing. Is he somewhere lovely?

Anna said...

Lucille, he's in a manor house in a little village on a river . . . if you call that lovely :)

Lucille said...

I think that qualifies! If he was nearby I would invite him round to see our garden birds.

Farrah said...

Are you serious?! What a dream! He's a lucky boy indeed. I hope he's having a wonderful time.

Heather said...

This is the second time I have seen a small library in a bathroom and the idea is growing on me. I love the selection, but it seems a bit scholarly for the facilities. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails