Thursday, February 06, 2014

Uncommon Beauty


I happened to pick up Uncommon Beauty at the library this week. Two things: the title has nothing to do with the content, and also, I am not in the middle of a medical crisis with a family member.

But if I were, this book would be a great resource. It's written for parents of medically-fragile new babies, but the information on navigating a hospital, accessing care, managing insurance paperwork, and advocating for your family member is really good stuff for anyone who has to interact with the medical system in a serious way. 

That could be any one of us, at any time, so these things are good to know. Find it here on Amazon if you're interested.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for mentioning this, Anna. I plan to look for this; we are presently dealing with the opposite end of the age spectrum, but an objective advisor will be so welcome, I'm sure. Thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails