Monday, February 10, 2014

A Jersey Doily



An "Eyelet Doily" is a very doable way to dip your toe in the water of hand-stitching jersey. I made mine from a little white jersey--it's just a tee shirt's worth. Simple cutting and construction, and then the fun of adding embroidery embellishment to your own taste. You could even bead and sequin this--but then you might not want to put a big bowl with a bird nest on it.

You can find full instructions here at the Alabama Chanin Journal. Have fun!


3 comments:

Polly said...

Now that is cute.

I'm almost done with my first Alabama Chanin skirt--halfway through the waistband! I did the bloomers stencil pattern, reverse applique, and did it all by hand. And I'm in love.

Lisa said...

I didn't know they had a DIY Thursday thing - you got me looking through those. They certainly are willing to share ideas and technique information - a generous attitude.

Lisateresa

Marlaine said...

Very cute doily! And I have to tell you, my brain automatically went to a different kind of Jersey, so when I read the title a second time, it was "A Joisey Doily". ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails