Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Creamy Coconut Ice Cream

This is so easy and good, and can also fill that need for a gluten-free, chocolate-free dessert. And I think you could even make it dairy-free with an easy change. Read on:

•Creamy Coconut Ice Cream•

In a medium-sized mixing bowl, empty a can of light coconut milk. Using a hand whisk, dissolve into it 3/4 cup sugar. Lightly stir in 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup cream, and 1 t. vanilla.

Pour into countertop ice cream maker. Turn it on, and once it starts going, add 3/4 cup flaked or shredded coconut.

[For untested dairy-free goodness, try substituting a second can of light coconut milk for the cream and sugar. I'm pretty sure that would work out for you.]

Dear me, this is so good. The coconut doesn't freeze very hard, so it delivers quite the hit of chewy sweetness. Enjoy!

3 comments:

kath said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds good! I'll have to try this when we finish the vanilla and chocolate ice cream we just made!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I love the flavor and smell of coconut, but not the texture of shredded. (Making a face now like I have a bug in my mouth!).

Cool recipe. Literally.

Jennifer said...

We made this last night~heavenly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails