Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Our (Almost) Last Savannah Hours

Winding down after graduation. Ice cream from Leopold's and a quiet bench in a square. Jazz from the outdoor wedding reception a block over.


Sunday afternoon, wind and sunshine at the beach on Tybee Island. Cecile found the only live sand dollar and starfish I've seen in the wild. She promised to bring in a baby dolphin next.


She may be a mermaid. At least partly.

Then dinner at the Crab Shack as the sun set.


We scored Alejandro's company also. You can't hear him talking in this picture, but trust me: it was funny.


One of the unforeseen gifts my grown and growing children have provided--they reel in friends for all of us to cherish.

11 comments:

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

I am glad you enjoyed the Crab Shack enough to go back! It is a nice local secret that us "Savannah Gals" enjoy. Hopefully you had a cool breeze of the river cause I know it is HOT!

I hope you got to do some window shopping down on the Riverwalk!

Seawashed said...

The college years are wonderful...to see them seeking after their dreams. And when their friends become like family...it is truly a blessing, isn't it? Congrats to both your Graduates.

Rebekah said...

I found the only live starfish and sand dollar I have ever seen in the wild on our Savannah honeymoon. It must be THE place to be if you're an echinoderm.

Lucille said...

I'm in the same place, but with my last 19 year old.

Anonymous said...

Is it odd when your child starts dating? I'm having a hard time just knowing that some day hie sweet smooth cheeks will be sprouting hair.

Also, Savannah looks like a wonderful place! We really need to explore this great country of ours.

Julie said...

You've done such a good job.

Anonymous said...

I like the top picture of Daisy and Bella! Savannah is lovely, as is Tybee Island. However, our favorite place to visit is St. Simon's Island, GA, which is an hour from Savannah. If you go back for some reason, go!

hotpinksky35 said...

I've seen lots of live starfish and sandollars in Florida...I didn't realize they were that rare elsewhere

hotpinksky35 said...

Cecile does kind of look like a Mermaid Ariel Cute Couple!

Alexia said...

Have you given Alejandro my number yet?

Anna said...

We LOVE the Crab Shack, and really, everything else about Savannah!

Related Posts with Thumbnails