Monday, January 24, 2011

Alabama Skirt


I finished the skirt I started here, and it was a very enjoyable bout of hand-sewing. And boy, is it a comfortable skirt!


I didn't make particularly showy design choices, so some of the detail gets lost in the wearing, I think, but next time I'm going to bring in some punch! I'll also plan on binding the bottom edge as the jersey does tend to curl. Just the nature of the beast.

I've promised myself another Alabama Style project as soon as I finish Painting the Living Room.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Very, very interesting.

good_to_be_home said...

Love the color! Good job.

Anna said...

love it - I have the books, love the line (wish I could afford it!) I just wish she had the patterns for more of hte loose fitting tops/tunics currently featured in here denim line - can't wait to try my hand, I love handstithing! Thanks for sharing, as always your projects are beautifully executed

Anonymous said...

Agree with 'good to be home' it's a gorgeous colour. How on earth did you find time to finish a skirt while painting the living room????!

Hana - Marmota said...

It looks like a pretty basic, if you know what I mean - those things that get a lot of wear, because they're both beautiful and practical. :-)

Margo said...

and I love it with the brown and purple.

Janel said...

Nice skirt.

I purchased the Alabama book based on your post and I love it! : ) It had detail ideas just like I like.

Anonymous said...

I'm so far behind. I'm going to stick with the circle skirt tutorial you did a few years ago.

the momma said...

I love it! I've looked at the book, but haven't found anywhere local to buy the fabric. Where do you purchase your jersey from?

homeclynn said...

Wow - I just found your blog this morning - lovely. We have so many things in common, I thought you and your girls would enjoy this as much as I do.
http://www.madebylex.com/2009/07/peasant-blouse-refashion-tutorial.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails