Saturday, June 09, 2007

Ordinary Saturday Pleasures

• Getting up and out early to watch the Composer run a 5K this morning and watching Daisy play on the slides and swings while he ran.

• A stop at Farmer's Market for squash, beets, cucumbers, honey, and sunflowers.

• Sunflowers in a blue jug.



• My houseguests bringing back quarts and quarts of raspberries from the pick-your-own farm.



• Cutting out a 1940's housedress for Bella--a children's pattern I've never used before.

• Embroidering a tee shirt for Clara.

• A huge platter of fried squash at the dinner table, and homemade vanilla ice cream with raspberries for dessert.

7 comments:

Davene said...

Wow, you truly are a Proverbs 31 woman! I don't know anyone else like you--and I know some pretty amazing women. You really seem to do it all! Thanks for being such an inspiration!!!

Sonya said...

I agree...You absolutely are a Proverbs 31 woman, and you are inspiring me to work harder at becoming one too! I only recently found your blog, but I've read most of it and I love it!

Mrs. MK said...

Sounds like a full and fun day!!

Pictures of Bella's new dress, pretty please??

Anonymous said...

Can you post your fried squash recipe? I used a recipe I got off of the Argo cornstarch box, but lost it in our relocation move. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day!

G.L.H. said...

Your day makes me realize again that the "ordinary" days are the best!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love your blog. Just like Sonya, I've only recently found it and it is already a favourite. I cherish my ordinary Saturdays - thanks for sharing yours!

Related Posts with Thumbnails