Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Family in the Rockies

Several children suffered from what the Composer called "altitude madness". . .






Giles took many pictures but complained that he didn't have long lenses. I think his photos came out okay though . . .





We ate . . .





We rested . . .







We hiked, of course. And some of us took pictures of ducks.








We enjoyed the elements:







Most of all, Felix went birding. He passed the 200th bird on his life list during the daily bird walks led by rangers who were, with one crotchety and offended exception, absolutely delighted with his knowledge and enthusiasm.





Nice.

8 comments:

Cindi said...

What fun! It looks like you all had a great time.

Kelli said...

Welcome home! It sounds like you all had a wonderful time! The pictures are awesome!! You have a beautiful family and the picture of Daisy with her her blankie and thumb reminds me of my Emily when she was that age.
So sweet.
Kelli

Anonymous said...

What lovely scenery!! I've not been to the Rockies for years, since before I was married! That's too long. I'm glad your family had such an enjoyable time.

Sandra said...

I LOVE the pictures you shared, what a beautiful place :)

Jamée said...

I really like your photographic eye. You are an artist. I was wondering what type of camera you use?

G said...

Jamée,
I am Giles, Anna's son, and I take all of the pictures for the blog. I have been using and still use a Konica Minolta 5d for all of the pictures on the blog.

G.

Jamée said...

Giles,
Thanks for letting me know about the camera. I really love your pictures. I looked at your blog and your pictures are really impressive. Have you taken formal photography classes? When did you start taking pictures? I have a daughter who is also interested in taking pictures.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pics. Looks like a wonderful time. :-)

Gayle in Texas who found you through a link on a hs mom's xanga (about your camping)

Related Posts with Thumbnails