Monday, May 22, 2006

Annabelle Hydrangeas



If it weren't for the fact that I love other hydrangeas just as much, the Annabelle hydrangea would be my favorite! The flowers, which appear in abundance, start out a lovely chartreuse, ripen to a creamy white, then stay on the bush till fall slowly becoming rusty and interesting. It is an unusual and long-lived cut flower, it spreads effortlessly and quickly, and it resists disease and dry spells surprisingly well.

Besides, with a name like Annabelle, we here at the schoolhouse could never pass it up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought an Annabelle hydrangea last year and I may have lost it over winter:-( There are only a few tiny green spots on it. I'm hoping...

Your picture is lovely and makes me want to get another one if this one didn't make it.

Kelli said...

A perfect name for such a pretty flower!

Kelli

Related Posts with Thumbnails