Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Bug

If I ever notice that it's been a while since we've been sick, that's usually a sign that someone's coming down with something contagious.

Yesterday I was miserable with a bug and spent the day sleeping and pawning Daisy off on her brothers and sisters (who were very nice about it). I only had the energy to pull out a few bags of chicken bones and vegetable scraps from the freezer and put on a huge pot of chicken broth. This morning I was back to normal and very grateful for the vast quantities of broth as three others were down ill. All were happy to receive trays with mugs of broth and plates of toast.

Fortunately it seems to be a 24-hour virus, as we are now down to two and a half days before the ski trip, and the Composer, who will drive, has joined the ranks of the suffering.

1 comment:

Cherish the Home said...

Glad you're feeling better and I hope your family recovers in time for their trip! At least they got sick at home instead of while on the trip....I can't stand being sick when I'm somewhere other than home! (o:

Related Posts with Thumbnails